Return MIDI?

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Return MIDI?

Postby SeventhElement » 15 Feb 2012 17:18

I absolutely love I-Pie and Omnipony's song "Return". So much so that I want to mash it up with some other stuff. Problem is, the original sounds of the song clash with the sounds of the song I wanna mash it up with. I would like to blend them cleanly, so is there any sort of MIDI out there for that one?

PS: tried transcribing it myself, failed miserably
Soundcloud

Youtube

DAW: FL Studio 10

Genres: drums and bass, dubstep/chillstep, retro, breakcore, glitch, chiptunes, piano, chillout/downtempo, house, trance, acid, ambient, rap, post-rock, soundtrack, french house

ok what why have I produced so many genres help
SeventhElement

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 404 Butt Logo Not Found

Re: Return MIDI?

Postby Triple_B » 15 Feb 2012 23:34

Harmonic Mixing.

http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/

I do this technique live when I play sets; it's not difficult, but changing and blending keys does however end up creating a perfect chord; therefore throwing song clash out the window forever.

^^
10/15/2014 - I finally return to ponies? Maybe.

Actually it was more like 10/12/2015

My current SoundCloud, pony & non-pony things found here.

I have 4 EP's under this alias!

Somepony talk to me, I are the lonelies. :c
Triple_B

Primary: Ableton Live Suite 8.2
Cutie Mark: EDM History!

Postby Freewave » 15 Feb 2012 23:43

nice link triple. yeah there's a lot of dj software that can get your the bpm and the KEY of a track in about 20 seconds of each song you own. that's something a lot of dj's back in the day didn't have available or pay as much attention to (although they'd recognize which tracks sounded like they would work together). find something in or around the same key and you'll have a good match.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby SeventhElement » 15 Feb 2012 23:57

Allow me to elaborate. I know the key the song is in, I figured most of the main melody out by ear(I hear D minor). However a lot of the nuances that make the melody pop like it does go to fast for me and or are drowned out by another instrument such that I cant get the computer to figure out the note for me. The differences in key signatures isn't a problem for me such that I can transpose stuff(although according to your chart, the songs are 4 "hours" away from each other, the other being in Ab minor though not 100% sure)

I also want the song to be totally free of Trixie samples (I'll elaborate as to why at a later date), however the drums and all that jazz are just far too prevalent in Omni's song, this song wont be quite a punch to the gut(also the wobbles wont really fit what I'm after).

The complexity of the song I wish to mash up with is very very polarizing to the point that you wouldn't think that the songs would go together. I of course have an idea, but it involves me taking the existing melody of "Return" and doing some stuff to it to make it fit. If you haven't heard the song before it's this one:

And the one I wish to "mash" it up with is this:

(Not the original, an older mix of mine that I want to tune up)

Does this illustrate kind of what I want to do? I mean, without giving my whole song idea away that is :p I am more used to working with just note sequences, but any advice will help.
Soundcloud

Youtube

Genres: drums and bass, dubstep/chillstep, retro, breakcore, glitch, chiptunes, piano, chillout/downtempo, house, trance, acid, ambient, rap, post-rock, soundtrack, french house

SeventhElement

Postby SeventhElement » 19 Feb 2012 20:59

Is this too lofty of a goal?
Soundcloud

Youtube

SeventhElement

Return to Sharing is Magic