Collab request: My Little Karaoke

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Collab request: My Little Karaoke

Postby Renard » 13 Jun 2012 19:05

Hello there!

I've currently started some work on a small-side project with a focus on overall quality. The primary objective is to release a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic-themed song pack, using the musical numbers from the now well-known show. First goal is to release a pack containing all Season 1 songs.

A secondary goal is to provide internationalized and instrumental versions of the various MLP songs.

What we got so far:
- All S1 English music assets cleaned up
- All S1 instrumental music assets cleaned up
- All S1 720p background videos re-encoded specifically for the project, and synced with the various audio sources
- A few musical numbers nearly 100% done (Winter Wrap Up, Cupcakes, Cutie Mark Crusaders, This Day Aria)

What I'm currently looking for:
- People willing to spend a bit of time on the project
- People used to creating high-quality USDX files (sync, tone)
- People knowledgeable on the Ultrastar file format (and its ChallengeMod Duet variant)
- A few testers / good singers to ensure the tracks are top-notch
You do not need to know the show for that. Most tracks are short overall (~40 seconds) with notable exception, each providing some decent, entertaining challenge.

If you're willing to join in, please pay a visit to the official site / forum where the work is being done (be aware that there are no releases yet): http://derpy.fr/karaoke (or just answer in this thread)
Here's also a quick and badly-edited video made a while back, showcasing some progress.

Thanks!
not the guy from lapfox trax.
Renard

Re: Collab request: My Little Karaoke

Postby Facade » 13 Jun 2012 21:24

wow this sounds amazing but sadly it sounds way out of my skill range at the moment
i wish i could help sorry D:
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Renard » 14 Jun 2012 18:11

Well, maybe I made it sound a bit too complicated.

Here's basically how you chart a song. If you understand how it's supposed to work from this screen, well, then that's all you need to know!
not the guy from lapfox trax.
Renard

Postby Facade » 14 Jun 2012 18:59

ok i kinda understand it now but it looks waaay too hard for me xD i cant even remix a song without it getting out of sync D:
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Return to Sharing is Magic