the Digital Domain

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

the Digital Domain

Postby MyLittleJosieph » 05 Aug 2011 13:21

It's a revisit to one of my older songs (Link for comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7cHH5z56cQ). It uses various add-ons like Itchy Dubs Seismik vsc, the DSK Darkness Theory vsc, the 8-bit Peach vsc, the Spook-Keys vsc, and a vocoder. There are also some Portal 2 sound effects thrown in for good measure as well.
Bigonkers!

Current Projects
the Harmonizer Projects
Harmonizer Project #1: Mother Changeling

Current Style
Loud
Obnoxious
MyLittleJosieph

Re: the Digital Domain

Postby Makkon » 05 Aug 2011 17:05

I just want to say right now that this is an absolutely fantastic composition. You have loads of variation while still making it feel consistent, your samples are well chosen and the song tells a great story. I really enjoyed this song, awesome work!
One thing that instantly popped to me was the uncanny reselblence that this song had to Grant Kirkhopes's soundtrack to Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

And that's not a bad thing at all

youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby MyLittleJosieph » 05 Aug 2011 17:46

Thanks! I will admit that I did used the LOGBOX 720 song as an outlining structure. The pops at the start were inspired by the tune with Catherine's Park replacing Grunty's tune but I did deviate enough to really make it my own.
Bigonkers!

Current Projects
the Harmonizer Projects

Current Style
Loud
Obnoxious
MyLittleJosieph

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 05 Aug 2011 18:16

Wow, loved this! Makes me really want to start using various synthesized stuff too, as well as my usual c(l)assical stuff...

Makkon wrote:Grant Kirkhope - LogBox720

Sorry for being really pedantic, but I'm pretty sure Robin Beanland wrote the LogBox720 theme...both Beanland and Kirkhope worked on the Nuts and Bolts soundtrack and you can tell who wrote what because of their styles...:P
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby MyLittleJosieph » 05 Aug 2011 19:12

Dr_Dissonance wrote:Wow, loved this! Makes me really want to start using various synthesized stuff too, as well as my usual classical stuff...

I'm pretty sure you could work something out. All the synths I used for this project I got free off the net. It was quite a project as it used at least 60 voices (both soundfonts and softsynths) as well as some 20 audio tracks for other effects and VSTi's, like the Spooky-Keys theremin softsynth. The whole thing had to be written in 3 separate work files (4 if you count the vocoder, which was a different program altogether) just so my computer didn't have a panic attack and freeze up.

And yes, LOGBOX 720 was written by Robin Beanland.
Bigonkers!

Current Projects
the Harmonizer Projects

Current Style
Loud
Obnoxious
MyLittleJosieph

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice