Mega-MLR Charity Album & Smile : A Christmas charity Fund

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Mega-MLR Charity Album & Smile : A Christmas charity Fun

Postby SoGreatandPowerful » 23 Dec 2011 18:48

Guys, is it just me or can anyone see the entries?

I was just logged out and I could still get to them!
SoGreatandPowerful

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 23 Dec 2011 19:31

I think we can view them now because the due date passed, or something. So, do we get to know who won? Or do we have to wait until Christmas to find out?
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby bartekko » 23 Dec 2011 20:01

CaptainFluffatun wrote: So, do we get to know who won?

Everyone won, as long as he didn't make a troll entry.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Navron » 23 Dec 2011 21:01

Osoth wrote:Just a heads up guys... Meepsheep has taken her fight to Twitter. please disregard any messages she may send you; they are trying to build up an encyclopedia dramatica page.

Wait? An ED page of the MLR charity album issue, or an ED page of bronies?

If it's the latter, I'd be disappoint of the internet if there isn't one already.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Rumpy » 24 Dec 2011 01:09

What's with the Meepsheep fight and stuff? Some videos taken down, something to Twitter, why's that?

And, uh, I'll get you lossless, it'll be easier than 320mp3. Assuming my old computer isn't bonkers and will cooperate long enough... wish me luck as I battle malfunctioning technology!
Rumpy

Postby InC » 24 Dec 2011 07:41

SoGreatandPowerful wrote:Guys, is it just me or can anyone see the entries?

I was just logged out and I could still get to them!

I guess this was an oversight, we just used the Remix War coding. Please do not share it, it will be hidden as soon as Makkon comes back.

In other news, we just launched the event and "pre-order" donations, more information here : http://broniesforgood.org/?p=374

Thanks again to everyone !
InC

Postby Osoth » 24 Dec 2011 07:49

NavyBrony wrote:
Osoth wrote:Just a heads up guys... Meepsheep has taken her fight to Twitter. please disregard any messages she may send you; they are trying to build up an encyclopedia dramatica page.

Wait? An ED page of the MLR charity album issue, or an ED page of bronies?

If it's the latter, I'd be disappoint of the internet if there isn't one already.

No just adding to the NCFs page akaik.
Singer of the Beatlebronies! (formerly Cassonade) - http://www.youtube.com/beatlebrony

I use Garageband, my voice, my guitar, and household items. Also, a Rock Band microphone.
Osoth

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 24 Dec 2011 08:32

bartekko wrote:
CaptainFluffatun wrote: So, do we get to know who won?

Everyone won, as long as he didn't make a troll entry.

Huzzah!
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Rumpy » 24 Dec 2011 08:45

*ships in WAV*
Rumpy

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 24 Dec 2011 19:38

Guys, if there's any other promotional links related to this album, just post it right away.

I'm ready to spam people and convince some non-bronies to donate.
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby Circuitfry » 24 Dec 2011 21:22

2000th post GET

Guys, gotta say, y'all were incredible to take time to make such sweet soundz for these kids. Much of it was sweet and soothing and just right for the job. Thanks <3
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby sdoggingsworth » 25 Dec 2011 01:21

I want to spread the word about this album, but I'm not sure where the download link is. How do ponies buy this charity album? Folks have asked me, and I'm not entirely sure.

Sprocket
sdoggingsworth

Postby Circuitfry » 25 Dec 2011 01:29

It's not released quite yet.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby InC » 25 Dec 2011 01:53

We are already taking "pre-orders", though : broniesforgood.org/?p=374

Merry Christmas to you all !
InC

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 25 Dec 2011 01:56

sdoggingsworth wrote:I want to spread the word about this album, but I'm not sure where the download link is. How do ponies buy this charity album? Folks have asked me, and I'm not entirely sure.

Sprocket

Here's the detailed info for the whole project http://broniesforgood.org/?page_id=302

And as we know, video teaser is sadly taken down.

We haven't got an official purchase link yet, but here's a pre-order link http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/fundrais ... regid=6545

Let's be patient and make this work. And what Fry said; Thank You for giving such beautiful entries. And thank you for the mods who made this work.
MiuMiuChuu

Postby InC » 25 Dec 2011 02:08

Before I forget, spreading the word will help the kids greatly, but please share the link in my previous post instead of the globalgiving link, as there are special instructions to follow in order to get the album and the extra prizes !

Thanks again to everyone, I can't stay long myself, but everything I said in the BfG post is heartfelt. Really, thank you all ande have a very merry christmas !
InC

Postby Solarsail » 25 Dec 2011 04:56

Minimum donation of $10??

You're going to deter a lot of people. I'm going to buy this anyway, but was expecting minimum $5. And Volume 2 will be another minimum $10 presumably?
Solarsail

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 25 Dec 2011 08:54

Guys, I'm really sorry to tell you this. I proposed the album to be promoted by my relatives who happen to have connections. As professional as they are, they asked me if the copyright claim is really a serious issue. I told them we were trolled and how many people out there don't like what we're doing just because we're bronies. (I hope) They agree to help out the promotion, but to convince people who knows nothing about internet, bronies and haters, flames, and such, our originality and integrity will be questioned.

I don't want this to happen for this project. I hope we can deal with promotional items without some parasprites getting in the way.
MiuMiuChuu

Postby InC » 25 Dec 2011 12:36

Guys. We just broke $2000. Nope, not a typo. In less than a day, without even being on EqD yet, we all raised TWO. THOUSAND. DOLLARS. $2500, actually, as we already secured a 500$ prize for CCA (and the$1500 prize isn't too far away either).

Solarsail wrote:Minimum donation of $10??

You're going to deter a lot of people. I'm going to buy this anyway, but was expecting minimum $5. And Volume 2 will be another minimum $10 presumably?

$5 was the initial plan, but this isn't up to us : Global Giving only takes donations greater than $10.
I just realized I hadn't explained all of the technical details here, I'm so sorry ! Technically, we aren't really "selling" this album, but rather offering it to anyone donating to CCA. This way, 100% of the money goes direclty to the Children's Cancer Association (Bandcamp, PayPal and taxes would have ended up taking away a quarter of it), donors benefit from tax deduction and we have undeniable proof of the amount of money we raised. Moreover, we don't handle any of the money ourselves, we only give away free stuff, so this rids us from most legal concerns.

Please don't share the link to the GlobalGiving page, but rather this one : http://broniesforgood.org/?p=374
Without the full instructions, only donating will not get you the album nor the extra prizes. Speaking of it, the top donors will get some pretty awesome stuff : http://broniesforgood.org/?page_id=308

MiuMiuChuu wrote:Guys, I'm really sorry to tell you this. I proposed the album to be promoted by my relatives who happen to have connections. As professional as they are, they asked me if the copyright claim is really a serious issue. I told them we were trolled and how many people out there don't like what we're doing just because we're bronies. (I hope) They agree to help out the promotion, but to convince people who knows nothing about internet, bronies and haters, flames, and such, our originality and integrity will be questioned.

I don't want this to happen for this project. I hope we can deal with promotional items without some parasprites getting in the way.

Thank you for doing this ! You can just send them the link to the video if they have doubts, Meepsheep Enterprises obviously doesn't exist. Because of the way we're handling it, they may have trouble helping us on this one, though. However, looking at how this is turning out to become a huge success, we could very well push back the second volume, find partners and do another event in a more professional way.
Last edited by InC on 25 Dec 2011 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
InC

Postby Navron » 25 Dec 2011 13:35

Just sent in my own donation, and also posted a status update about the album on my facebook page.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Biff0r » 25 Dec 2011 15:25

This is all so awesome. As I just said in IRC, I really wish I joined earlier so I could have tried to come up with something to help. Also, those Pinkie headphones are amazing.
Biff0r

Postby Biff0r » 25 Dec 2011 15:40

I just thought about this: Can we (as in Manestream Games) offer a prominent place ("Special Thanks to") on our credit roll for top donators, when we actually finish the game? It's not like we're giving up on it, but still there IS a very small risk involved, obviously, if things go terribly wrong. But we would be happy to offer that :)
Biff0r

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 25 Dec 2011 16:42

noooooo its still not out D:

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!!! ;_;
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby Makkon » 25 Dec 2011 21:01

InC wrote:Guys. We just broke $2000. Nope, not a typo. In less than a day, without even being on EqD yet, we all raised TWO. THOUSAND. DOLLARS. $2500, actually, as we already secured a 500$ prize for CCA (and the$1500 prize isn't too far away either).

Holy crap. Was not expecting that much!
So how did this turn out? Anyone know? I'm out of town and just checking in, I couldn't be there myself to make sure everything gets out the door. Did we get PPS's entry added to the album? Did we ever hear back from PsychedelicBrony? Just wanting to make sure we got everything taken care of in time.

Also, would it be fine to publish my song to youtube now? It's currently private. I can remove the download link if needed.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby bartekko » 25 Dec 2011 21:13

Makkon wrote:Also, would it be fine to publish my song to youtube now? It's currently private. I can remove the download link if needed.

*uploads his songs to youtube*

on a serious note, if I were you, I'd put it on youtube using 96 kbps mp3 file
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events