The Michael Morones Charity Album

Current events we're participating in.

The Michael Morones Charity Album

Postby Blaze Chaser » 31 Jan 2014 14:33

Hello everypony,

As you all probably know, An 11 year old Brony was bullied for liking MLP. It went on for so long that he tried to take his on life... luckily he was caught in time to save his life but has sustained severe brain damage. Although I have donated, but I feel as though I can do more. So now I have organised a charity album for Michael and will all the money will go towards his treatment. The link to the donation page is here: http://www.gofundme.com/michaelmoronesfund

So the rules for the submissions are as follows:

1. It must not contain any explicit language
2. It can be any genre
3. If you have a song that is specially dedicated to Michael then you can submit it (of course!)
4. Must be complete
5. Can be a remix in some standards(ask me if you have questions on remixes by PM or by email which is below)
6. Please don't rush it
7. Must be mastered properly i.e. no clipping or audio issues
6. Have Fun
7. Try and do a collaboration, you might end up with something awesome! But it's ok if you don't collab.
8. Song must be exported in a WAV format
9. Must not be a copy of a an already made song (don't steal a random song)
10. Do not post the song until album is released

Please provide a link to a file sharing website with your submission at [email protected] (primarily something like Mediafire, Skydrive, etc.) if I don't respond in 24 hours with this email it means that my email is screwed up so message me on Youtube(http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazeChaserpodcast) or here on MLR by PM.

If you have any questions (don't care if they are stupid) please don't be shy to email me or PM me :D

Deadline: 24th February 2014 (UK time)

EDIT: DATE EXTENDED TO 25th March 2014

EDIT: DATE EXTENDED AGAIN TO 25th April 2014

EDIT: DEADLINE ENDED please do not submit anything

EDIT: I would recommend you guys tryout for the album compilation in this link: http://mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8860 as it follows the same as mine but is nearly at a finish so if you already have a song made go there first and if you don't have your song in the "New Sincerity" album then you can put it in this one :D Making sure there is no rivalry.

Thank you for reading, have fun!

~Blaze Chaser
Last edited by Blaze Chaser on 23 Apr 2014 16:39, edited 6 times in total.
Blaze Chaser

Primary: Ableton Live 9 Suite
Cutie Mark: Firebolt

Re: The Michael Morones Charity Album

Postby Injustrial » 31 Jan 2014 15:27

I'm not participating in this, but I would very much like to commend you for taking the initiative and everyone who contributes to this. I hope this will turn out successful and help the kid out
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby Blaze Chaser » 31 Jan 2014 15:59

Injustrial wrote:I'm not participating in this, but I would very much like to commend you for taking the initiative and everyone who contributes to this. I hope this will turn out successful and help the kid out

Don't worry about it :) And thank you :D
Blaze Chaser

Postby Freewave » 31 Jan 2014 17:33

Honestly if you guys want to do something for this I completely understand but what I would RECOMMEND is that you take those efforts and apply them to the New Sincerity album instead. Something that is similar in theme, currently underway, and needing all the support it needs to get to a successful completion. Many of the people there are going to be taking the funds raised from that and apply it to Michael ANYWAY so I'd recommend talking to Evdog and company before starting up something that would rival it and not necessarily succeed as a whole other album.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Blaze Chaser » 01 Feb 2014 03:59

Freewave wrote:Honestly if you guys want to do something for this I completely understand but what I would RECOMMEND is that you take those efforts and apply them to the New Sincerity album instead. Something that is similar in theme, currently underway, and needing all the support it needs to get to a successful completion. Many of the people there are going to be taking the funds raised from that and apply it to Michael ANYWAY so I'd recommend talking to Evdog and company before starting up something that would rival it and not necessarily succeed as a whole other album.

Oh ok I think what would be a good idea is that when the New Sincerity album is complete can it be possible to have this anyway after it's done? Not many people would have their songs on there. Or do I scrap this completely?
Blaze Chaser

Postby Freewave » 01 Feb 2014 08:22

I would recommend that you or anyone interested should talk to Evdog (he'll be on skype too) about it and see what can be done this week. It was recommended that he might want to incorporate this into the album focus but I'm not sure if that has happened. Best to talk with him and see.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Blaze Chaser » 24 Feb 2014 04:11

Hey everyone,

I extended the deadline for 20th March as I have not been getting submissions lately. Please get the word out for submissions :D thanks and keep going
Blaze Chaser

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events