Bronies for Evil: Seeds of Unkindness

Current events we're participating in.

Bronies for Evil: Seeds of Unkindness

Postby DJColeTPony » 14 Jul 2013 15:38

Info --
Seeds of Un-Kindness is a parody compilation album of SoK. It was based on Bronies for Good's April Fools Twitter Avatar.
--
Deadline: TBA
Genre: EDM/Speedcore/Metal/Colorpop
--
Rules
1. Pony and Non-pony is welcome.
2. Originals/Remixes allowed on the album.
3. The mood is angry, creepy, sad and happy.
--
How to submit (Send your entry via Skype (cole.macintrye1/PM)
1. Send it via Wave file
2. A Link for Credit
3. Lyrics
--
You can upload your songs on youtube. Unlist it when the album released.
Don't forget. If the album release. Make the video public.
DJColeTPony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Re: Bronies for Evil: Seeds of Unkindness

Postby Viricide Filly » 18 Jul 2013 17:20

How about..
*Camera slowly pans onto face*
..No.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Symphon » 18 Jul 2013 17:48

Alright, first of all, I don't even think you know what you want. I'm usually pretty easy on new people trying to make compilation albums, but it looks like you didn't even try.

"Genre: EDM/Speedcore/Metal/Colorpop"
I have no idea why you specified these genres. I mean, "Colorpop?" I know it's a genre, but it's hardly something to pick out for a topic. And the genres are so all over the place, you pretty much could of just said any genre is accepted and the same message could've been put across.

"The mood is angry, creepy, sad and happy."

Which is it? It had some type of consistency until "happy," which threw it way off. Choose one or two general terms.

"You can upload your songs on youtube. Unlist it when the album released.
Don't forget. If the album release. Make the video public."

I understand what you're saying, but you REALLY need to learn how to word something like this. It should say, "You can upload your songs to Youtube, but set them as unlisted until the album is released. When it is, then you can make the videos public." Much more fluent and easy to understand.

Also, is the album free? Will it cost money? Will it go to the artists? A charity? Is there a judging system? How long should songs be? Any site you would prefer when the file is sent?

It would be much appreciated to everyone here if you would be able to organize things a bit better and specify exactly what you want. Even if what you want is "anything," it'd help a lot more than what you've given.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but it's fairly obvious that you've never ran an event such as these before, and you're not giving us much incentive to work for an album such as this.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby Raddons » 18 Jul 2013 20:31

what the fuck is colorpop
Raddons

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Symphon » 18 Jul 2013 20:46

Raddons wrote:what the fuck is colorpop

I've heard it used as a name for, like, extremely bright, cheery pop-style music. I've only ever heard it from two people, one person being OP now, and I can't even find a documented definition of it online, so I have no idea.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby Raddons » 18 Jul 2013 20:52

i thought it was a genre all levels at once made up lmfao
Raddons

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 18 Jul 2013 23:59

Your name backwards is Snoddar. You used to be Cloud right?

Anyway, look Cole... I understand that you're eager to host an album event but you do this a lot and it's clear that you never learn from past mistakes. Every single one of your events has been met like this and yet you keep doing them... why?
Nine Volt

Postby ganondox » 19 Jul 2013 02:38

Raddons wrote:what the fuck is colorpop

So I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Nine Volt wrote:Your name backwards is Snoddar. You used to be Cloud right?

Anyway, look Cole... I understand that you're eager to host an album event but you do this a lot and it's clear that you never learn from past mistakes. Every single one of your events has been met like this and yet you keep doing them... why?

Because he wants to host an album, duh. Don't kill his dreams.

Anyway, I'm not going to say this is inherently a bad idea, but it needs a lot of work. First, unless this is also going to be a charity album this is just bad taste. Second, it's need to have a more coherent theme. I could see this possibly working as a darker themed charity album as opposed to "smilely" music because let's face it, overly cheerful music gets pretty annoying, but in it's current form this isn't a well thought out idea.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby K3WRO » 19 Jul 2013 08:58

.........................................no
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Freewave » 19 Jul 2013 09:55

eery wrote:That just seems in bad taste
The idea of the orginal album is to gather charity for causes that truly matter. How are you parodying that? Why would you want to?

Compare it to like.. pinkamena party.
For pinkamena party, it was to make fun of the orginal album not being hard enough, portraying not only a parody to the album, but also the general hardcorefan. It was fun because it was just about making mental hard music, basically just to "show up" balloon party with a goal they never even intended

So what is this poking fun at?`giving to charity? being nice?
What will the money from this album go to?

Idk, this just seems rude and in bad taste, just "Whats stickied and popular, lets shit all over that."

Nine Volt wrote:I understand that you're eager to host an album event but you do this a lot and it's clear that you never learn from past mistakes. Every single one of your events has been met like this and yet you keep doing them... why?

Yeah what's up with that? This is in bad taste and we don't need to do a parody of something that's the most charitable thing this community has rallied behind. I can understand people who don't want to take part but a parody of charity?

If there's a unifying theme and a demand for an event that's one thing but just taking the piss outta the community or making a compilation so the unknown organizer can maybe keep any of the donations is a BAD idea. We're not trying to rain on your parade but your motives and your methods are very questionable and many of the ideas thrown on the events subforum are not well thought out, not beneficial to anyone but the op, and will even reach completion... this one is not any different from those prior failures.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events