Seeking Solace I: Project ΛCSII [go buy it noow ]

Current events we're participating in.

Seeking Solace I: Project ΛCSII [go buy it noow ]

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Apr 2013 16:51

DONE NOW GO BUY HTE ALBUM
http://seeking-solace.bandcamp.com/albu ... e-volume-1

Hey there, guys! As some of you may know, our fellow My Little Remixer, musician, and friend ΛCSII is going through a spot of trouble with getting the appropriate gender therapy... So in order to help her out, I'm starting this community album!
Now some expressed interest in continuing this project, repeating it for people after ΛCSII. This is why I have included the Roman numeral for one in the title. If this project is to continue, we shall name the second album Seeking Solace II, the third Seeking Solace III, and so on.
Moving on...

What can I submit?

All sorts of songs are allowed, from pony to non-pony. The theme and genre of the songs should also not be of any worry to you guys but definitely optimistic music is a lot better than like death metal or something for the situation. The ultimate in the decision is quality. Our review panel as of right now is me, Abby, and PYR3LIGHT.
Yes you can submit more than one but realize if you submit like fifty songs it's not as likely we'll include them than if you just submit one really good song. Also please don't include remixes or covers unless you have permission from whoever's song it is (or if it is public domain, of course. But that is somewhat unlikely.)

How do I submit music?
I have created a Google Form. Submit all the required information here:
http://dft.ba/-SeekingSolaceI

Final Day of Submissions: June 15th, 2013!! So get to work!

If you have questions, send me an email at [email protected] or just send me a MLR PM.

Good luck everypony! Have fun!

UPDATE: ...aaaaaand there's a tumblr!
Last edited by topitmunkeydog on 19 Jun 2013 16:20, edited 10 times in total.
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Re: Seeking Solace I: Project ΛCSII [Submissions Open!]

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 05 Apr 2013 16:56

You'd do well to give people a solid due date from the get-go.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Apr 2013 16:58

Righty-o. How long do projects like this usually take and how much time should I allow?
topitmunkeydog

Postby Nine Volt » 05 Apr 2013 18:44

I gave Four on the Floor 2 about 2 months, but that one had a previous iteration, so give us a tentative due date of like 3 or so. So like late June
Nine Volt

Postby Acsii » 05 Apr 2013 19:12

3 months seems pretty good
I might make my own song for this... but it depends on if I can think of anything
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby cyrricky » 05 Apr 2013 19:16

I'd recommend 3-5 months.
Youtube - Soundcloud - Tumblr

DAW: Propellerhead Reason 6
cyrricky

Primary: Reason

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Apr 2013 19:22

Cool. Problem is, I am going to France on holiday in late June, and I will be gone through July. I could probably still do the whole thing because wifi is available but I would not have as much time to help promote the thing. So maybe end it in early or mid June?
EDIT: ACSII you should totally make a song for this!
topitmunkeydog

Postby ChrisBCanada » 05 Apr 2013 20:18

Ello Ello, I would Actually love to get my voice on the album if its ok.
I am Canadian you see on the Pacific Coast so I am on Pacific Standard Time.

I would love to join this album but... I am just wondering if you could give me more detail, I can also assist with editing audio submissions and also design some stuff for you since I do infact work with audio editing and video editing and a lot of photo editing as well, I am also unemployed and I am also a great Brony.
So I know this is long and you are not used to a lot of words but this link below here is my Winter Wrap up recording, hope you enjoy it and please respond ASAP with if you like it because I have to record another song for a school project but I can re-record it professionally if you want me to. :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7O7RyxhSlc Respond soon. :)
ChrisBCanada

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Apr 2013 20:53

Oh hey Chris, welcome to MLR! I noticed that you only have one post here, so you must be new?
So about "getting your voice on the album..." I mean, do you like "produce" songs as well (god I hate saying that but can't think of other words at the moment...) or are you only a vocalist? If the latter is true I would suggest advertising your vocal talent and possibly someone will wish to do a collab with you... I know many who are in need of a vocalist for their songs because they don't want to sing it themselves.
I actually have already gotten an art director for this project, so I don't think we will be needing any more help with that. But what did you have in mind for video and audio editing? I trust most of the people here to master their recordings well but if someone needs help, should I point them to you? Also, if you know how to use Adobe After Effects it would be pretty cool if you made like wave visualizers or something.
Thanks for showing interest in this project! :) Welcome to the herd!
topitmunkeydog

Postby ChrisBCanada » 05 Apr 2013 21:31

8-) For you, I do infact produce music, somewhat. I am actually a Grade 12 student up here in south British Columbia. I do love to edit some music (still learning btw), and also create an epic recordings. Since I am going to start recording some stuff soon, I would say for all of you guys and gals on here, this is the non-profit company willing to help out and also produce the album and it will also be on my youtube channel :3.
LINK: https://plus.google.com/communities/115 ... 7817220392
For safty, we have an age limit of 13years and older and we also do hangouts on G+.
For Audio editing, I am actually starting for that and looking for some FREE or cracked software that is easy to use and also fun. I am happy to help out and I AM NOT NEW TO THE HERD. I have been a fan for a long time. Also, I can say if you want to contact me, just go ahead and leave a PM on G+ with adding me to your circles and or added me to a contact list on youtube :).

Signed ~ChrisB of Maple-Leaf Parody Productions inc.
PS Here is also another DEMO of my voice. :)
ChrisBCanada

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Apr 2013 21:37

People don't like it when you talk about pirates here but we can recommend some good open source softwares if needed. Audacity is the best for editing recordings and stuff, and I've heard LMMS is ok for actual composition (like electronic musics)
Also when I said 'Welcome to the herd' I actually meant the herd to be this community specifically rather than bronies as a whole. So how about,
Welcome to the Sub-Herd, Chris! :)
topitmunkeydog

Postby Nine Volt » 05 Apr 2013 21:38

Hey.

This guy wants pirated software.

Stop.

Back on subject please.
Nine Volt

Postby Acsii » 05 Apr 2013 21:52

On that note...
It's better to actually buy stuff because then you actually have a better reason to learn how to use it other than "I wanna make music" because you used your money on it...
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby ghelded_kultz » 06 Apr 2013 06:30

I might help judge the songs, given my wide experience in listening to (and making) a variety of music and my general attitude of feeling over technical fluency.

About the money thing. Is Thailand/Iran an option? Can you get UK citizenship? Canadian Citizenship? Do you know people who know people?

(And not to derail the thread further, but if you pirate something then just don't tell anyone on this forum. You'll just get grief for something nobody needed to know).
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby LoreRD » 06 Apr 2013 06:56

Would love to make something for this album, but I'm really busy for the next 2-3 months, so idk what will happen :(
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby topitmunkeydog » 06 Apr 2013 07:24

Ah omg I didn't tell him to pirate stuff aaaaah! I recommended a few open-source (FREE :3) audio editing softwares and told him not to talk about pirates here...

K. So this summer I'm leaving on June 22, and I am coming back on August 14. So I'm just going to set the closing date around June 15 or something. Sounds good?
topitmunkeydog

Postby LoreRD » 06 Apr 2013 07:30

Will not be able to make that due date. No chance. I need June to finish up my Seeds of Kindness 3 track. (just sayin' as a follow-up to my last post)
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby ghelded_kultz » 06 Apr 2013 10:06

Oh, I know you (topit) didn't tell him to pirate things. That was actually directed to him (Chris), and meant, I don't care if you pirate, just don't let anyone know you did it. Don't even bring it up.

(Also I'm glad to see love (?) for LMMS. If only I could get it to work on a mac).
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby Alycs » 06 Apr 2013 10:14

Yeah, if you can't afford anything, I recommend getting LMMS (if you are planning on getting Fl Studio) or Reaper (If you are planning on something like Ableton) until you can afford something else. I make all my music with LMMS, and I can say that even though its not nearly the program the professional ones are, its an amazing resource for learning and producing at a beginner or intermediate level.

And I'm going to see if I can make something for this! I'm thinking of starting using lyrics, and I have some written already that I could adapt to this.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Lying Pink » 06 Apr 2013 18:08

As I said in the earlier thread(s), I'm definitely up for this.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby ChrisBCanada » 06 Apr 2013 20:35

I was definently Kidding on my last post. Anyways, I found two sound editors anyways and they work perfectly to what I need. I will have 1 song for you by the end of April.

Anyone wish to colaberate with me? I could use a second voice on the song I picked for the album.
The song picked is quite the good one actually, its a late 60s hit song that actually goes with a certain theme of something MLP should encounter. The song is "Red Rubber Ball" written by Paul Simon, and sung by The Cyrkles (Look them up on youtube). If you have questions, just ask.
ChrisBCanada

Postby Acsii » 06 Apr 2013 22:07

Not trying to be mean but this album is mainly for original songs not covers
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 07 Apr 2013 00:22

Chiptune covers are different because they're more like remixes... vocal covers on the other hadn is actually just singing someone else's song
Acsii

Postby Gray Ham » 07 Apr 2013 08:40

They can be produced differently as well.

EDIT: I always say I'll do these collab albums, but I never end up doing them. Maybe I will, most likely I won't.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Apr 2013 13:25

Gray Ham wrote:I always say I'll do these collab albums, but I never end up doing them. Maybe I will, most likely I won't.

Same here. I'm a terrible slow worker.
But I do really want to do this. And I actually do have a song I'm working on that I could use for this.

So yea, what Ham said, but I really wanna do this one.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Next

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events