The Lesser Knowns Volume 3 - FINISHED

Current events we're participating in.

The Lesser Knowns Volume 3 - FINISHED

Postby Belgerum » 03 Nov 2012 12:37

(Lets see how many TLDR's I get.)

After months of thinking on the idea, and resting while I further my own music career, I'm bringing this dead fish back to life, but with a different setup and a totally new layout. I'm hoping with some new changes, The Lesser Knowns Volume 3 will be a much more successful album with more success and less stress!

A History of TLK:

The first two albums were quite a simple idea; We wanted to band together with other newbies in the brony music community to create an album and increase our chances of getting posted on Equestria Daily and recognized by our peers through teamwork. Suffice to say, it hasn't really worked out as we've expected. While posts on Equestria Daily have raised $300+ and we've all gotten a few more subscribers and followers of our musical pursuits, not much has changed for us in terms of popularity directly because of the album.

However, huge changes have happened because of it anyway. Friends I have made personally have bonded together in many ways, helping each other beyond the dates of the last album. A chat group in skype still holds strong as a great place for me and fellow participants to exchange musical ideas, be it production elements, DAW and VST support, or theory advice. Sure we have some light-hearted and goofy non-productive chat as well, but there is still a lot of group activities, promotion, and advice exchanged between former affiliates of The Lesser Knowns albums.

Some of our former members have rocketed further, getting to fame and recognition none of us expected. Kyoga and Matthew Mosier, to name two, have gotten to great heights after their experiences with TLK, and while many of us may not share their good fortune, it was a good experience to work with them as they progressed, and got to where they are now.

You can see the first two Lesser Knowns albums on Bandcamp at:
http://thelesserknowns.bandcamp.com/

The third installment of the Lesser knowns is still going to be known by the same name as the former albums, but with this one, we have a new goal, which we achieved with our first two installments. We wish to open up more artists to the Lesser knowns not so they can achieve fame, (though they may yet) but to help integrate them into a group of musicians not unlike them. Introducing musicians to their peers in a helpful fashion, and the distribution of friendly advice was and still is one of the main reasons I am a fan of My Little Remix, and to help promote that spirit, TLK3 hopes to bring yet more musicians together, if not for a cause such as fame and fortune, then for the tools to achieve their dreams, and companionship that can be worth more than gold.

Anyway, The Details for TLK3:

Any donations, as usual, will be given the charity.

We will be accepting anyone who signs up before November 20th, up to 30 Participants maximum. Admission requests will be denied after we reach 30 participants, or after the 20th passes.

Should you sign up, you will be required to maintain a method of contact with at least me, so I can be sure you won't just drop the album in the middle of nowhere, with a track short of our goal. Instead of having a WIP check, I will instead wish to simply maintain contact and remain aware that you are participating. Any works in progress can be submitted as many times as you want to the TLK Skype chats, or privately to any former or current participants, and will be given reviews and constructive criticism by other members. If anyone is willing to give any rookies help it would also be nice, as we like making high-quality tracks. The final tracks will be due on January 18th, for release on January 20th. That gives you plenty of time to complete your tracks.

Remixes and sample use are allowed. All genres are allowed, and collaborations are encouraged. Your track does not have to be "pony" if you don't want it to, but you can make it so if you'd like. As long as I get a polished Final track from you before or on the due date, and it isn’t a troll entry, your track will be fine.

I am also inviting former participants to have another go. While we've helped to make a good group of musicians, we want to help the newest participants in any way we can, so I will allow any tracks submitted by veterans, as long as the track is made either in collaboration with a new participant for the album, or as a remix of any work by a new participant, to be added as a bonus track.

This way, participants who would like to collaborate with someone for their TLK entry may do so, and other veterans can submit their work once more, while still promoting the work of the newest participants and helping them into our community. If you’d like to contribute, ask around, or if you give me a description and contact details, I can give you a spot in the Veterans section below. Just follow the example format, and you’ll be fine.

As the method seemed to work somewhat well for TLK2, the cover art for TLK3 is open for anyone to attempt to produce. Artwork can be submitted, and will be voted on once we get close enough to the deadline for tracks. Anyone who wants to try their hand at this, music producer or not, is welcome to submit their work.

I hope that his third installment is successful, and we can make more great music with the power of friendship.

To join, please PM me with the following:

1. Your formal Artist name. Not the shortened one that’s your username or anything, YOUR FULL NAME THAT YOU WANT ON THE ALBUM. You can't be too careful about this.

2. If you have Youtube, Soundcloud, EQBeats, Brony Musician Directory, or whatever account you want to be associated with your name on the album, please send them to me. This will help viewers find you if they’re interested in your track. If you would not like an account to be listed, that is fine as well.

3. We have a number of past participants from The Lesser knowns who are willing to make remixes of any work that new participants have made, or collaborate with them. If you intend to collaborate with one of these “veterans,” or have another new person you wish to work with, please let me know who they are. If you are not collaborating, but you have a track you’d be willing to let one of our veterans remix for a bonus track, feel free to send it to me, or ask one of them directly, using the list below.

4. For when you want to get reviews on your WiP, or if you want to help other people with theirs, you can join the Soundcloud group, or the Skype Chats. Add me as a contact on Skype (Username: belgerum09) and I can add you to the Official skype chat for TLK3, and/or the old chat for past TLK's. You can also PM me for advice on WiPs anytime, as well as post on My Little Remix. You can also post on the Soundcloud page for TLK: http://soundcloud.com/groups/the-lesser-knowns-ii

5. Here's a Google Doc that I'm going to constantly update with info that requires attention. If you keep this in check, you'll get to know most of what's going on, what's being debated, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vaq ... Ddkno/edit

New Participants:
FULL

Bartekko
Black Electric
BluNoseReindeer
Breadfan
cheztheguy
Decmaster
Djeinus
DJ Darxy
Doctor Wurzel
Ducks Unlimited
DXsmiley
Exis
Gryfinz
Ian_M
KillianDunne
Lethaargic
LoreRD
Macarou
Mouby
Mr. Bigglesworth
Neu KatalYst
NegaNote
Nine Volt
Ponice
Spectral Pwni
TheNewWorldMan
TheSearchMachine
Torrent Sky
Tuner Symphon
Ty Trance

Veterans looking to collab or remix:

Belgerum - (PM me: I’m the OP)
Willing to remix any genre, as long as a midi file or sheet music is available.

Ed Viper - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1227)
Willing to remix any genre, as long as I can get stems for the song (or at least a midi file). Also willing to collab with anyone using FL Studio.

NytMayr - (add on Skype: bmgfshadowarceus)
Willing to collaborate on most music that falls under the electronic and/or rock groups. Also willing to remix just about any kind of song into an electro-rock-esque style. Uses Mixcraft 5. Is able to use Guitar Rig fairly well. Would be willing to write lyrics, as well as assist in any conceptualization work. Would be extremely glad to collaborate on something horror-esque in nature.

Audium+ - (Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/audium01)
Willing to collab or work with anything except pure orchestral. Mostly liquid and dnb oriented. Uses Abelton live.

Versal - (add on Skype: Versal12)
Willing to record write or record Rap Vocals.

Nikki-Layne - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1526)
Willing to collab with anyone

Pickslide1992 - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=208)
Willing to record guitar lines

WavesofParadox - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1400)
Willing to collab on anything orchestral or offer advice regarding music theory

Feesh - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=968)
Willing to to collab on something Orchestral, rock, or trance/hardstyle

Matthew N. - (PM me: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1328)
Looking for a collab; trance (especially chill), electro house. DAW: FL Studio 10.0.9c
Last edited by Belgerum on 05 Mar 2013 05:05, edited 29 times in total.
Belgerum: Musician, organizer of the "Lesser Knowns" albums, and total weirdo.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Primary: Reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: Muthaf***ing Rainbows

Re: The Lesser Knowns Volume 3

Postby DXsmiley » 03 Nov 2012 14:38

Will there be any genre/length/pony-oriented restrictions on tracks, or are we free to produce what we want?
DXsmiley

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Filtered Arpeggios

Postby Freewave » 03 Nov 2012 14:51

Glad this is firing up. If there was any event that should continue on indefinitely (well besides remix wars and toast beard) this is certainly the one.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Belgerum » 03 Nov 2012 14:56

DXsmiley wrote:Will there be any genre/length/pony-oriented restrictions on tracks, or are we free to produce what we want?

As long as the track is sufficient enough to stand on it's own, and of a decent quality level, it will be fine. There are no genre/length/pony-oriented restrictions, other than obvious ones. (like, don't make your track 3 seconds long)

Freewave wrote:Glad this is firing up. If there was any event that should continue on indefinitely (well besides remix wars and toast beard) this is certainly the one.

Thanks. I'm glad to have been a part of this in the first place. =)

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Postby LoreRD » 03 Nov 2012 15:00

Ooh, nice! I just missed the last volume when I first joined this site and really wanted to join at the time.

But....

I'm really busy with other tracks :/
I may just make it (with the lenient deadline and all), but I can't guarantee anything.
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 03 Nov 2012 15:08

Am I allowed to join? I was in the first TLK, but I still don't have more than 100 subs on youtube.

If not, can I at least collab?
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Doctor Wurzel » 03 Nov 2012 15:49

Seems like a cool idea, I'd like to participate.
Doctor Wurzel

Postby Belgerum » 03 Nov 2012 15:55

Doctor Wurzel wrote:Seems like a cool idea, I'd like to participate.

If you'd like to participate, please send me the info referred to in the OP.

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:Am I allowed to join? I was in the first TLK, but I still don't have more than 100 subs on youtube.

I'm sensing a TLDR here....

As I said in the OP, you are allowed to either collab with a new participant or remix their past work. If you want to be put up on the list of veterans, just tell me over skype or on here with what you'd like to be put down for.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Postby versal » 03 Nov 2012 17:10

YAY TLK3 IS FINALLY HERE
Youtube
EQbeats
Soundcloud
Bandcamp
Add me on Skype 2 "Versal12" i'm the guy with the hedgehog
versal

Postby Pickslide1992 » 03 Nov 2012 17:45

I can give anyone a guitar line if they're interested. (Mark me under collabs)
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby WavesOfParadox » 03 Nov 2012 18:17

I'd be interested in collabing with anyone. I do orchestral. Only. (But I can help with music theory for any genre)
YouTube
SoundCloud

Haiti Charity Album
Haiti Charity Album

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals."
-Igor Stravinsky
WavesOfParadox

Postby CDPP » 03 Nov 2012 18:33

Even if we don't participate, can we join the skype chat anyway?
CDPP

Postby Conduit » 03 Nov 2012 20:13

Feel free to throw me into the collab section.

Also, could you re-add me to both the spam chat and the official?
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Nine Volt » 03 Nov 2012 21:32

I'd like to participate, I'll PM you the info tomorrow when I can get on my computer.
Nine Volt

Postby Grace Note » 03 Nov 2012 22:42

I wanna do this so badly! Please?!
"In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big..."
"Caravan" ~ Rush

Check me out on YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and Tumblr!
Grace Note

Postby Djeinus » 03 Nov 2012 22:55

Oh, what the hell? I have nothing to lose. Participating, if that's okay.
Djeinus

Primary: Sibelius.
Cutie Mark: ur butt

Postby versal » 04 Nov 2012 01:42

Kyoga wrote:Hi, I'm Kyoga and I was part of TLK1.
I don't really consider myself to be a "lesser known" anymore, but I feel that I could help at least a little bit with whoever needs help! :D

Once a TLK ALWAYS a TLK. You will ALWAYS be apart of the TLK family. Even if you were to become the BIGGEST brony musician EVER, you will still be a TLK *hugs* dont forget us on your rise
Youtube
EQbeats
Soundcloud
Bandcamp
Add me on Skype 2 "Versal12" i'm the guy with the hedgehog
versal

Postby CDPP » 04 Nov 2012 03:14

versal wrote:Once a TLK ALWAYS a TLK. You will ALWAYS be apart of the TLK family. Even if you were to become the BIGGEST brony musician EVER, you will still be a TLK *hugs* dont forget us on your rise

..aand suddenly we're a circle within a circle.
CDPP

Postby LFP » 04 Nov 2012 05:18

Kyoga wrote:hopefully this doesn't go like Pokemon did with the first 151 pokemon...

XD

YOU WEREN'T TLK1 YOU AREN'T TLK

*puts on hipster glasses* 8-)
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Matthew N. » 04 Nov 2012 07:00

Hmmm, why not? Sending a PM.
Matthew N.

Postby theNewWorldMan » 04 Nov 2012 10:29

Definitely not missing out on this, will be participating.
theNewWorldMan

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 04 Nov 2012 13:42

Belgerum wrote:
Doctor Wurzel wrote:Seems like a cool idea, I'd like to participate.

If you'd like to participate, please send me the info referred to in the OP.

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:Am I allowed to join? I was in the first TLK, but I still don't have more than 100 subs on youtube.

I'm sensing a TLDR here....

As I said in the OP, you are allowed to either collab with a new participant or remix their past work. If you want to be put up on the list of veterans, just tell me over skype or on here with what you'd like to be put down for.

I don't think my song for the first TLK was any good, so I don't want to be listed as a veteran. However, I would love to collab with someone or remix someone's track.

--

Does anyone making a song for this want me to remix their song when it's done? Does anyone want to collaborate? Does anyone want to do both?
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Belgerum » 04 Nov 2012 14:14

New announcements page. Will be updated as issues come and go.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vaq ... Ddkno/edit

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Postby Conduit » 04 Nov 2012 14:21

I would recommend starting another spam chat, without one the convos just get too chaotic.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Ed Viper » 04 Nov 2012 15:40

Howdy ya'll. I was in TLK 1 and I'd like to make sure it's known that I'm here if anyone wants to collab, or have their song remixed, or just wants help with something.

PM me on here if you need anything.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Next

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events