Re: Charity album 3: FAITHFUL AND STRONG

Postby MatthewMosierMusic » 07 Jun 2012 02:11

Oh id be down!!

... oh wait. <.<
MatthewMosierMusic

Postby colortwelve » 07 Jun 2012 02:27

We've mixed rock with hip-hop and moombah, but not house :lol:

Besides, you know I'm always down to work with people that are far more talented than I am :lol:
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Trillionage » 07 Jun 2012 16:35

I have a question, does a rearrangement or quoting (Something like this) disqualify too?
Trillionage

Postby InC » 08 Jun 2012 07:29

As a reminder, starting this evening at 6pm PST/9pmEDT, Everfree Radio will host a 3 hour long livestream tied in with a 24h gaming marathon by Ponies Live Now, to complete the funding of the Green Village as well as support Kiki's treatment fund. Only around €1,500 more are needed for the village and €3,000 to provide an orphanage in Tanzania with a chicken poultry, then subsequent donations will go toward another orphanage in Uganda. There will be tons of guests, convention staff and artists and musicians and surprises, oh my! If you want to join in, just add cody.harris120 on Skype and you can show up after the EFR part of the stream (so, 3 hours after it begins).

Also planned is a coffee-powered me rambling about Seeds of Kindness in a terrible fancy accent, and even though Lisa Wiese (head of Your Siblings) cannot attend, she recorded a heartfelt open letter to the pony fan community! You really want to listen to this :)
There will also be TONS of giveaway prizes as a cunning plot to drag in the greedy ones, so be sure to tune in.

More info here:
http://everfreeradio.com/?p=4967

Seeds of Kindness was a bigger success than we expected so with this, the Green Village is sure to be completely funded, and even possibly the Tanzanian orphanage! A lot more is still needed for the Ugandan orphanage mentioned in the OP, so Faithful and Strong still has a lot of good to accomplish.

Trillionage wrote:I have a question, does a rearrangement or quoting (Something like this) disqualify too?

A rearrangement like this one would be too much for us to include, I'm afraid. A very short quote is fine, as in Stewards from Seeds of Kindness.

MatthewMosierMusic wrote:So, I'm still not to sure about this, but what kind of feel are we going for with this album?

The main suggestion is what "Faithful and Strong" inspire you, but just whatever you want also works. There should be more than enough entries so that we can make a coherent album out of very different songs, which worked out pretty well for Seeds of Kindness, and probably better than a strict theme. The title alone was enough to give it a distinct feel from Smile.
Last edited by InC on 08 Jun 2012 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
InC

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 08 Jun 2012 08:34

August 25 deadline? I can actually do this one.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby qJesse » 08 Jun 2012 12:52

Just a quick question; what about the album art for FAS? Is it done, still being looked for, or in progress?
Hey there. I'm Jesse. Did you hear Lyra talk?
qJesse

Postby DJSheogowrath » 08 Jun 2012 14:59

I feel like being nice for once, why the hell not? I'm down.
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
DAW: Ableton Live 8
Genres: Pretty much anything, really.
DJSheogowrath

Postby InC » 08 Jun 2012 15:10

Oh, and we're not sure at which point exactly yet, Michelle Creber will show up for a little while in the stream :)
InC

Postby timbaer » 08 Jun 2012 18:06

qJesse wrote:Just a quick question; what about the album art for FAS? Is it done, still being looked for, or in progress?

I'm curious about this as well.

Also, looking forward to the stream tonight!
timbaer

Postby just4lolzz » 08 Jun 2012 19:09

That's an awesome deadline for me! Count me in to give it another go.
http://www.youtube.com/just4lolzz
Programs used:
~ Sibelius 5
~ Cubase LE 5
~ FL Studio 10
Instruments:
~ Piano
~ Saxophone
~ Voice
just4lolzz

Postby CommandSpry » 08 Jun 2012 19:13

So when's that stream? (:
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby InC » 08 Jun 2012 19:26

Going on right now: http://everfreeradio.com/?page_id=2706
Talking about Everfree NW right now, I will join in with other BfG members and the second chair of Your Siblings (possibly the head if she can make it from Egypt) when he gets back home, probably in 15-25mn. Then Michelle Creber will join in at some point in the next couple of hours.
InC

Postby kingsleyrulz » 09 Jun 2012 11:26

I am definitely submitting a song or two.
Always experiment with your music!
Always open to collaborations!
Always crazy!
kingsleyrulz

Postby UnderpΩny » 10 Jun 2012 20:39

Maybe this has already been answered but I'm too lazy to read through 16 pages. What if we get permission to use the samples?
UnderpΩny

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 11 Jun 2012 11:31

UnderpΩny wrote:Maybe this has already been answered but I'm too lazy to read through 16 pages. What if we get permission to use the samples?

Not without the express written consent of Major League Baseball lol
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby CommandSpry » 11 Jun 2012 13:35

^ ..........what the hell did you just say?

CommandSpry

Postby Kryptage » 11 Jun 2012 17:11

CommandSpry wrote:^ ..........what the hell did you just say?

Can you not read? You can't use samples with out the written consent of Major League Baseball.

OBVIOUSLY
A fews songs in progress at all times!

check out my latest on my soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/moviemajic12
Kryptage

Postby CommandSpry » 11 Jun 2012 17:14

Aah, that statement went right over my head! Thank you for confirming this piece of valuable information ^^

CommandSpry

Postby Warbalist » 12 Jun 2012 10:52

Just finished writing the music on mine, and now for the words....hmm...
Warbalist

Postby InC » 12 Jun 2012 11:07

UnderpΩny wrote:Maybe this has already been answered but I'm too lazy to read through 16 pages. What if we get permission to use the samples?

If you're talking about non-pony samples, then sure, there is no problem with you using them with approval of their owner (and as many have said before, sampling isn't a big problem by itself). Sampling the show is a very special case, and we would need Hasbro's approval for other reasons than just protecting ourselves from an extremely unlikely Hasbro lawsuit. Stuff has been underway for a while.

timbaer wrote:
qJesse wrote:Just a quick question; what about the album art for FAS? Is it done, still being looked for, or in progress?

We don't have anything planned yet (and there is a lot of time ahead), but anyone is welcome to submit album art! Thanks again for the last one, by the way :)
Just a couple guidelines, it shouldn't be too obviously pony-related to people not watching the show (no ponies, but stuff like AJ's hat is cool), and even the best humanized ponies also tend to throw some people off so it might be best to avoid that too.
InC

Postby timbaer » 12 Jun 2012 17:43

InC wrote:

If you're talking about non-pony samples, then sure, there is no problem with you using them with approval of their owner (and as many have said before, sampling isn't a big problem by itself). Sampling the show is a very special case, and we would need Hasbro's approval for other reasons than just protecting ourselves from an extremely unlikely Hasbro lawsuit. Stuff has been underway for a while.

timbaer wrote:

We don't have anything planned yet (and there is a lot of time ahead), but anyone is welcome to submit album art! Thanks again for the last one, by the way :)
Just a couple guidelines, it shouldn't be too obviously pony-related to people not watching the show (no ponies, but stuff like AJ's hat is cool), and even the best humanized ponies also tend to throw some people off so it might be best to avoid that too.

I've been thinking about it, actually. I've decided that I probably won't give it a shot this time; as much as I'd like to, I think that having a different artist do each album cover would be a better way to represent the fandom. It was awesome to be given the opportunity to do the last one, but I think it's more important that someone else gets the honor this time around.
timbaer

Postby SimGretina » 13 Jun 2012 02:03

I should probably join the fun 8D
SimGretina

Postby InC » 13 Jun 2012 13:06

As a reminder, you can upload your Faithful and Strong entry on Youtube as soon as the album is released. If you haven't already, you can also upload your songs from the previous album!
InC

Postby UnderpΩny » 14 Jun 2012 15:18

I think I have an idea :D
Definately be entering, then.
I didn't enter the first two, I'm presuming there's a selction process though?
UnderpΩny

Postby InC » 18 Jun 2012 01:52

Yes, there will be some selection by a panel of judges, based mostly on quality, but there is no strict, pre-established maximum length for the album.

In other news, the Green Village and Tanzanian orphanage are now completely funded! Lisa Wiese, head of Your Siblings, recorded an open letter thanking you all for your incredible support:

InC

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events