Charity album 3: FAITHFUL AND STRONG

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Charity album 3: FAITHFUL AND STRONG

Postby skrullz » 01 Jun 2012 14:26

is ok if i start working on it now JUST WONDERING OR am i too late
WHOOOOO IMA COOL PONY MOMMY YES IMA COOL PONY WHOGU WOUGEEE WOOOOOGEEEE AHBVDFUGEEFYGFYEFGFGEFYG ~~~~ time for my fav words: MEEPZORZ, OOOO, g, YOURE DONE!!! the end dbvgfsdbhsuighsfibgdighdufHGEYIBVGYIEYIGGFYIEFG BOOM!!
skrullz

Postby Belgerum » 01 Jun 2012 15:39

You're fine . The deadline is in August.
Belgerum: Musician, organizer of the "Lesser Knowns" albums, and total weirdo.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Primary: Reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: Muthaf***ing Rainbows

Postby Temporal Walker » 01 Jun 2012 18:41

I'm on it.
Temporal Walker

Postby Lethaargic » 02 Jun 2012 21:45

<Belgerum> Dude your signature picture looks like some Goa trance album art, I freaking love it
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Postby Belgerum » 02 Jun 2012 22:20

LOL It's actually just some pic I made for a YouTube vid for a song I wrote, which is some metal/orchestral thing. I'm glad you like it, though. XP
Belgerum: Musician, organizer of the "Lesser Knowns" albums, and total weirdo.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Primary: Reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: Muthaf***ing Rainbows

Postby Lyonize » 03 Jun 2012 21:25

Oh. August? I'll give it a shot.
Image Image Image Image Image
Lyonize

Postby LanceArrow » 04 Jun 2012 10:34

Oh! This is going down again? You BET I'm in.

Maybe even for 2 songs, since there's 2 people I'd like to write with. Plus I actually know how to use FruityLoops now.

And we have until August? Well damn son, even I can do that. :P
I make parodies of good songs, and every now and then I'll come up with something good myself...maybe.
YouTube!
PonySquare!
LanceArrow

Postby CrashDistortion » 04 Jun 2012 15:00

Aight, submitted. C'mon, you know you want to feature me. Hypnotoad commands you.
Sean James: Dropping the Bass Since 2010
5COPY is Ghay EP
DarkScape EP
Berlin EP
~Generic Stuff~
CrashDistortion

Postby NeonJalapeno » 04 Jun 2012 15:11

Alright, let's do this!

NEOOOOOOOOOOOOON

JALAPENOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Opens up FL in the most overly dramatic way possible*
-- YouTube -- Soundcloud -- Bandcamp -- Facebook -- Tumblr (hardly used, but hey whatever) --

Latest Track:
https://soundcloud.com/neonjalapeno/tyrant-vip
NeonJalapeno

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Garbage Disposal

Postby Diss Order » 04 Jun 2012 19:33

You say pony music... but no remixes/copyrighted material/samples/etc.?

1.) So you mean 'pony-inspired' music right?
2.) Ever heard of 'fair use'?
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Postby CommandSpry » 04 Jun 2012 19:43

Diss Order wrote:You say pony music... but no remixes/copyrighted material/samples/etc.?

1.) So you mean 'pony-inspired' music right?
2.) Ever heard of 'fair use'?

You can't use 'fair use' if you are monetizing in any way, and since it's a donation album, it's out of the question.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby Fimbulin » 05 Jun 2012 02:33

Inspiration! :)

Everything in this community is inspired by ponies so there are only two requirements to getting things done here.

1. Watch the show.
2. Make wonderful music.
Analytical music theorist!
http://www.youtube.com/fimbulinmusic
http://www.soundcloud.com/fimbulin

FL Studio, Kontakt 5, orchestral mostly. I buy my gear.
I haunt skype so ask me questions there or viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8502
Fimbulin

Postby Diss Order » 05 Jun 2012 08:41

In pretty much the entire EDM industry, samples from anything are used for anything without caring about copyright. And the music is sold all over the world, and nobody gives a damn.

As long as it isn't too obnoxious...

Anyway, if I'm going to make a track it's going to contain samples. Accept my contribution or bitch about copyright... your choice.
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

Diss Order

Postby InC » 05 Jun 2012 09:47

There is a reason why we can't use any copyrighted material from MLP:FiM, and it has nothing to do with fair use not being applicable here. We are not just being careful or bitching about copyright, but we simply cannot use samples or remix the show. As much as I hate to have to ask you that, please trust me on this. It really is for the best. Thanks for understanding.

On another note: this charity album series is now pretty well known, and we have cool stuff to keep it going after release date, so it's not really needed to delay the Youtube uploads anymore. Feel free to upload your entries for this album on Youtube (without download links, though) as soon as it is released! Also, for those who missed the previous announcements, feel free upload your songs from the last album.

And as a reminder:

InC wrote:Everfree Radio and Ponies Live Now will be hosting with us a 24h+ charity livestream and gaming marathon on June 8th. You are welcome to join in at any point from June 8th, 9pm Pacific to June 9th, same time in a Skype voice call. Something casual, just join in, chat about music and stuff and have fun! If you are interested, just say so here and add cody.harris120 on Skype.

Thanks again, and see you there :)
InC

Postby prettiestPony » 05 Jun 2012 18:57

I'd like to do a collab for this. I mostly do sort of trip hop and breakbeats-ish things, but I'd be up for experimenting with other genres. (I mess around with dubstep for fun sometimes.)

My DAWs of choice (REAPER+Renoise) seem to be little-used around here, however, so it'd probably have to be either with an instrumentalist/singer or with another producer who's willing to exchange MIDI files and rendered tracks rather than .FLPs or whatever.

Actually, speaking of Renoise, there's gotta be at least a FEW bronies here who are or were once into tracker music, right? I'd be up for using a free tracker like ModPlug (OpenMPT), Buzz, or Psycle, if anyone'd be interested in that.
prettiestPony

Postby Diss Order » 06 Jun 2012 10:46

To be honest, if Hasbro starts bitching about a few samples being used in otherwise entirely original tracks that are sold for donations to charity, then they will lose ALL the respect I have for them. And many other people too.

And they know it. So don't worry your little flank off; as long as it isn't too obnoxious, Hasbro really 100% extra super sure isn't going to complain about a few seconds of sampled material in full tracks... Sampling is and has always been part of electronic production/remix culture, and it still is.

Diss Order

Postby InC » 06 Jun 2012 14:23

Yes, we know that, and we are not worried at all about Hasbro suing us. But still:

InC wrote:There is a reason why we can't use any copyrighted material from MLP:FiM, and it has nothing to do with fair use not being applicable here. We are not just being careful or bitching about copyright, but we simply cannot use samples or remix the show. As much as I hate to have to ask you that, please trust me on this. It really is for the best. Thanks for understanding.

This is all I can say, sorry. No samples is an imperative, and I'm not the one that needs to be convinced otherwise. Also, don't worry, only good things are supposed to be read between the lines from that :)
InC

Postby CommandSpry » 06 Jun 2012 14:42

You have to understand that Hasbro is a corporation, and corporations are run by money. They didn't get to the leading positions because they were kind and understanding, but because they don't fool around. Of course they'll turn a blind eye on something small that isn't worth their time, but these albums get around 30k in donations, I don't know if that is significant enough or not for Hasbro to do something about it, even though it means nothing to them personally, they are allowed to do so if there is even a 2 second clip of original MLP property

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby Fimbulin » 06 Jun 2012 14:56

See that applejack with the cider mug? ^

Just trust her. Honest! :)

But really the problem lies in what Hasbro would have to do if someone took the legal steps to report infringement to them. It could get to be a complicated mess!
Analytical music theorist!
http://www.youtube.com/fimbulinmusic
http://www.soundcloud.com/fimbulin

FL Studio, Kontakt 5, orchestral mostly. I buy my gear.
I haunt skype so ask me questions there or viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8502
Fimbulin

Postby Coconeru » 06 Jun 2012 16:54

This is cool. I'll definately be writing something for this one. Truth be told I was a bit upset bout missin the last charity album~
Coconeru

Postby Diss Order » 06 Jun 2012 20:04

In that case you might as well drop the entire idea of charity albums. As soon as you associate it with a Hasbro trademark or copyrighted term in any way, shape or form, you're already sueable.

Titledrop MLP? OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU'RE MAKING MONEY WITH THE SUCCESS OF OUR FRANCHISE. SUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Actually, we should just close this site down completely before we receive a seize and desist.

Or I know, let's just kill ourselves. That way we'll never be sued!

EDIT: Excuse my tone... I dunno why I'm being such a hothead today. My point still stands, but since you guys seem pretty dead set on this I guess I just won't be participating. Wouldn't be the first time a track I make gets rejected because hurrdurr it has a sample... :C

Diss Order

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 06 Jun 2012 20:29

Music does not a sample or two make. Focus on the song first, guys . . .
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby sdoggingsworth » 06 Jun 2012 22:23

Why not just write a song that doesn't have any samples in it?
sdoggingsworth

Postby MatthewMosierMusic » 07 Jun 2012 01:03

So, I'm still not to sure about this, but what kind of feel are we going for with this album?
MatthewMosierMusic

Postby colortwelve » 07 Jun 2012 01:48

Ooh, okay, just got some weird 'Get in the Cart, Pig' thing going on... Sort of. But I'm thinking that instead of dropping into pure electro house, I might grab a guitarist (I always go for the guitarists :lol: ) and go for a rock/house hybrid type thing. So this is me asking if anyone wants to jump into a random collab with me :D
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events