-

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Community House Mix

Postby Nine Volt » 23 Oct 2012 17:23

--
Last edited by Nine Volt on 20 Jan 2014 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Nine Volt

Postby the4thImpulse » 23 Oct 2012 17:49

Nine Volt wrote:It's a house mix Chromatic, not a dubstephouse4onthefloorexcisiondatsikskrillexhipsterrapindustrialfuckfest.

This is more or less what I was thinking when reading your post Chromatic. It doesn't hurt to make that track, send it in for approval, and when we decline it you can release it yourself. You can also make another legit 'house' track if you really want on the album.

House album means 'House' album. If you want to add 'dubstep' or whatever other non house elements to the mix then they better not make me think anything else other than house.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby colortwelve » 23 Oct 2012 19:10

the4thImpulse wrote:House album means 'House' album. If you want to add 'dubstep' or whatever other non house elements to the mix then they better not make me think anything else other than house.

Mmm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the crazy vein of electro house (i.e. Feed Me) is still permissible though? It's not only very housey, but also very heavily influenced by dubstep and all that bass music nonsense. I absolutely consider people like Feed Me to be house producers, but I'm curious given the way Nine Volt worded his response to Chromatic :/
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Nine Volt » 23 Oct 2012 19:13

--
Last edited by Nine Volt on 20 Jan 2014 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Nine Volt

Postby colortwelve » 23 Oct 2012 19:49

Nine Volt wrote:
colortwelve wrote:I'm curious given the way Nine Volt worded his response to Chromatic :/

What exactly are you curious about?

Nine Volt wrote:We don't want a nice calming, serene track right before and after some heavy robostep.

Oh, the way you put it made it look like you were expecting a bunch of laidback progressive, minimal, and French house, when electro house is probably one of the most important subgenres these days.

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 23 Oct 2012 20:13

Since it needs to be closer to house music than any other genre, could I make complextro?

If not, then I'll stick to electro house.

Edit: I'm keeping the hipster rap in it though. I think the idea is pure gold.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby the4thImpulse » 23 Oct 2012 22:20

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:Since it needs to be closer to house music than any other genre, could I make complextro?

If not, then I'll stick to electro house.

Edit: I'm keeping the hipster rap in it though. I think the idea is pure gold.

Complextro is too far from house. House is a broad genre so here is an example of what I somewhat expect, its more electro house style so I wouldn't make it much heavier (complextro like) than this.

Or old Deadmau5 stuff like Arguru is classic energetic 'house'.
the4thImpulse

Postby colortwelve » 23 Oct 2012 22:37

Okay, for the purposes of clearing this up, because apparently there are different definitions of house (somehow), how would it go over if I based the main drop of my song around a similar soundset to the one in this track's drop?

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby the4thImpulse » 23 Oct 2012 22:52

colortwelve wrote:Okay, for the purposes of clearing this up, because apparently there are different definitions of house (somehow), how would it go over if I based the main drop of my song around a similar soundset to the one in this track's drop?

That is most definitely house in my opinion, this is funky stuff; not heavy crazy bass sounds like complextro (or modern dubstep) but rather more (not entirely but closer to (don't twist my words)) melodic and easy listening.

It would get my vote.
the4thImpulse

Postby Pseudo » 23 Oct 2012 22:59

I'll play the same game 4th is playing.

I'm in for house, progression and maybe a little hands-up-dance. Anyone hit me up if they want anything mixed, okay? If not, I will gladly get my sets ready...

Also, what everyone seems to be leaning on is Festival House. Here's a good example:

It's a little aged, but is that where it should be? I'd agree, I've got some experience mixing this.

But yeah, looking to help out others. :D
I cannot make music at all.

I can mix very well. PM me if you want me to mix ANYTHING. However, college is sapping my spare time at the moment. MLR is a once-in-a-blue-moon thing.

My Radio Livestream!

Sufficiently Heartwarming Pseudo (175+)
Pseudo

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Oct 2012 04:27

--
Nine Volt

Postby LFP » 24 Oct 2012 05:25

Apartments too? :3

Time to start thinking up a good melody..
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby luukg2 » 24 Oct 2012 08:40

is there a specific amount of tracks you want in the album?
luukg2

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Oct 2012 12:37

--
Nine Volt

Postby Pseudo » 25 Oct 2012 05:07

Newfag here, but I honestly wish the due date was sooner. It adds that extra element of competition into this. Besides, I've usually got sets locked and loaded and literally just put a good 50 onto Beatport.

And a question. Knowing that I can submit multiple entries, can I do multiple mixes? I think House is a bit broad, so I'd likely do one for Progressive, Party/Festival, Club, Electro and possibly some concept. And then possibly a 'Best Of'.
I cannot make music at all.

I can mix very well. PM me if you want me to mix ANYTHING. However, college is sapping my spare time at the moment. MLR is a once-in-a-blue-moon thing.

My Radio Livestream!

Sufficiently Heartwarming Pseudo (175+)
Pseudo

Postby Freewave » 25 Oct 2012 09:31

I may be able to contribute, although i agree that deadline might be tOO far away...maybe in time for New Years Eve?

If you don't already have a dj i could help with a seamless mix. Acid would easily do the trick or we could do a live youtube mixed version or something.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby the4thImpulse » 25 Oct 2012 10:02

Freewave wrote:I may be able to contribute, although i agree that deadline might be tOO far away...maybe in time for New Years Eve?

If you don't already have a dj i could help with a seamless mix. Acid would easily do the trick or we could do a live youtube mixed version or something.

A new years release day? I like that.

And we already got a dj, me.. sorry bro.

Pseudo wrote:Newfag here, but I honestly wish the due date was sooner. It adds that extra element of competition into this. Besides, I've usually got sets locked and loaded and literally just put a good 50 onto Beatport.

And a question. Knowing that I can submit multiple entries, can I do multiple mixes? I think House is a bit broad, so I'd likely do one for Progressive, Party/Festival, Club, Electro and possibly some concept. And then possibly a 'Best Of'.

Well this isn't a dj mix competition, if that's what you mean. People send in tracks, music that they made fitting the house theme (which is a huge enough genre as electro, progessive, club all branched out of it). We are releasing the album in the form of a continues mix, think deamau5's "for lack of a better name" album.
the4thImpulse

Postby Nine Volt » 25 Oct 2012 12:40

--
Last edited by Nine Volt on 20 Jan 2014 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 25 Oct 2012 13:08

Oh, this sounds like a brilliant idea. With a due date of February 1st, I may actually be able to learn enough about making music to get a track done for this. Can previously started collabs be used? I have a collab with someone else on MLR, and we decided to make it electro house. We haven't started the song yet, but we could take the song we make and submit it for this, right?
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

Postby Nine Volt » 25 Oct 2012 13:14

--
Nine Volt

Postby Freewave » 25 Oct 2012 13:20

Yeah if 4th gets all the tracks the week before NYE that would be good. Remember getting this on Ny DAY or after) is too late for that logistically. December 29 is a Saturday, last day of the year is Dec 31 (Monday). Gotta also give EQD enough time to spotlight BEFORE NYE if you want it to be the party album for bronies. Also remeber we got christmas the week before that. Will be tight!!

I'm sure collabs and remixes may be fine as all parties agree on the track use.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby the4thImpulse » 25 Oct 2012 13:33

December 22nd would give me time to make a good mix, any stragglers can have a 2 day grace period, and plenty of time for EQD to do there thing. That's what I'm thinking at least.
the4thImpulse

Postby Matthew N. » 25 Oct 2012 13:44

Also keep in mind that albums are released at the end of the month on EqD; just a thought if you guys are aiming for that.
Matthew N.

Postby Nine Volt » 25 Oct 2012 13:45

--
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 25 Oct 2012 14:30

In the past they've done posts for big albums to generate interest before they're out. Balloon Party is the one that sticks out in my memory, but I think they've don that with other things too. So we might send in an email to them announcing the album once the details have been worked out (I say that because looking at the last few posts, we had a radical deadline change just recently), including something, maybe an image for the album art, if we're going to have one, and then we can send them updates with the artist lists and tracklist, stuff like that, and they would promote the album because I assume it would be fairly newsworthy.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events