"Balloon Party 3" - Academy of Power

Current events we're participating in.

Re: "Balloon Party 3" - Academy of Power

Postby Freewave » 06 Apr 2014 13:40

Navron wrote:
Aoshi wrote:Is there no way to heal this situation so that the biggest brony music artist community and the staple of what Balloon Party and Rainbow & Rooted were about (the best of the best in different ways of the MLR community) is a part of it?

Now that this has shifted into exclusivity and outside MLR it feels a little empty..

Just saying..

I never really felt it was part of MLR to begin with, other than the official threads and events being hosted here.

To clarify what I mean, Balloon Party was comprised of like 75% of musicians that do not even post on MLR. R&R was around 50%.

A good chunk of the organizers in the past events were part of the previous mlr staff i think, it is a shame that won't be the case this time. We were working at organizing this after circuitfry put it down initially but he has every right to organize it a third time. There was a lot of behind the scenes wrangling to see what could be done, but we just couldn't see eye to eye, and cfry's theme of this event changed several times. Even rehosting the previous Balloon Party uploads became a battle in miscommunication and frustration. In the end though, the MLR mods are rather unified that they'll simply sit this event out. Circuitfry is welcome to answer questions in the thread here but more likely through his tumblr.

MLR will still do Remix Wars in the summer (likely Stars will organize it again) and Kyoga will do Soft Spectrum as well.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby FLAOFEI » 06 Apr 2014 17:26

Guidelines look pretty vague so far... Hope that changes.
I feel I have no chance since technique is a main focus... :I Might as well try though

Can't wait for the Pinkamena Party parody to be announced :3
Will you let that be hosted on here this time around to btw? I remember there was some considerable scepticism around RB & V being organised on MLR.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Freewave » 06 Apr 2014 18:11

FLAOFEI wrote:Guidelines look pretty vague so far... Hope that changes.
I feel I have no chance since technique is a main focus... :I Might as well try though

Can't wait for the Pinkamena Party parody to be announced :3
Will you let that be hosted on here this time around to btw? I remember there was some considerable scepticism around RB & V being organised on MLR.

If circuitfry is ok with a parody album that will make it much easier to definitely say yes. There is the general rule in place if the original event organizer does not want a parody of that original work we won't allow a thread (ie its trolling). if you get him to say "sure go ahead" on his tumblr that's good enough for me (and throw me a link). ;)
Freewave

Postby Flinckie » 07 Apr 2014 09:47

Nice, I'm going to try to make something for this.
Add me if you want to chat.

My genre of choice is orchestral, but I experiment a lot.

My Youtube
My Soundcloud
My EQBeats
Flinckie

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Horsestrings

Postby DJChaozreign » 07 Apr 2014 14:28

All right, I'm rebooted and ready for action...

Guess imma try this one out.

Couple questions, however: when is the deadline, and how do I turn a track in?
DJChaozreign

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Metal and dubstep

Postby FLAOFEI » 07 Apr 2014 14:53

Looks like nobodys taking the time to read...
I'm a bit disappoint, but still, nothing that can't be expected with a long post with important info. :I
Anyway, here's a little something I read in the first post that might be relevant to all the question askers
Freewave wrote:2. MLR is not having any direct involvement with this round of Balloon Party like we did last time. Circuitfry will be running this himself and with any team he assembles. Do not ask questions in the thread as we can't answer them. Send them to Cfry on his tumblr or on the facebook for the event.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby JSynth » 08 Apr 2014 17:57

circuitfry wrote:
the answer to that balloon party question everyone is asking me:

1. due date isn’t set yet

2. there will be a submission form

there ya go!

He posted this on his tumblr.

I hope we can do a parody album. I don't really know if I'm up for a balloon party album. :umm:
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby DJChaozreign » 08 Apr 2014 19:11

JSynth wrote:
circuitfry wrote:
the answer to that balloon party question everyone is asking me:

1. due date isn’t set yet

2. there will be a submission form

there ya go!

He posted this on his tumblr.

I hope we can do a parody album. I don't really know if I'm up for a balloon party album. :umm:

I FOLLOW HIS LOG HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS
DJChaozreign

Cutie Mark: Metal and dubstep

Postby Ricky Denzel » 09 Apr 2014 21:35

I'm in, full frontal. Although no one likes my music (either that or I suck) And I don't care what people say!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Spikey Wikey » 11 Apr 2014 20:36

New Balloon Party album, eh? I definitely didn't see this coming. It's going to be a little harder to promote the album without MLR's support though. Hopefully Circuit can work something out with some more "influential" members in the fandom to get the word out there. The fact it took me a week to find about this project with how often I'm dealing with the music in this fandom is a nice indication that there needs to be some promotion from Circuit somewhere and somehow. Until he gets the word REALLY circling, I'm not going to have high hopes for its success.

And, of course, if the album gets all the attention that the previous Balloon Party projects have, expect a Rejected & Revived 2! (official name tba :lol:)
Spikey Wikey

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Jokeblue » 11 Apr 2014 23:06

Yeah needless to say i'm in on this one. Only this time i'm here from the begining as opposed to the end with like a month left.

Want to try and do some kind of orchestral metal or something. Maybe a genre blend of Metal, Orchestral, and maybe some kind of electonic (im bad with subgenre names) if I can...
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 12 Apr 2014 12:15

Maybe this year ill submit something because I have never submitted anything before. I am almost excited for this. I just don't really wanna get on tumblr for any reason because I'm lazy and don't wanna make another account for something
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Evdog » 13 Apr 2014 20:26

I've got a solo track and 2 collabs already in the works for this. I'm a bit annoyed at all the bitterness and contempt under the surface of this series, but I've decided to view it instead as a pretext to make some awesome experimental tracks. ^_^

Is "Academy of Power - Sharing the Magic" a title parody of another artist/album, like the other previous titles? If so, what's the original?
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Apr 2014 23:27

I do believe there was a thread where Circuitfry explained about the title somewhere in the MLP Discussion section, but I can't seem to find it. I'll go through this section now to see if it's here.

EDIT 2 minutes later - I should've just searched first xD
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8520
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Apr 2014 07:39

I'll leave this as a maybe. I have some songs that might work for this but at this point I'm not sure.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Apr 2014 14:44

I am now sure that I'm gonna participate. Got a track started up and boy am I excited about it.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Apr 2014 17:43

I think that I'll make something that I made into something different and better for this album. hopefully all goes well. I think I'll use my real name instead of my artist name too. Just because I want people to start listening to my music on my real-name channel instead of the P6 channel that I pretty much dont use much anymore for posting stuff
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Coloriot » 15 Apr 2014 20:01

I have an idea for something like "Chiptune house". Will probably start work on it in the summer.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Artless » 15 Apr 2014 20:58

I'm definitely gonna try something for this, probably some progressive house. Good luck to everyone that participates!
Artless

Cutie Mark: Sorta House

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 15 Apr 2014 23:27

Hopefully the album this time will be bigger than ever. It would allow for more spots on the album
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Evdog » 16 Apr 2014 04:56

Remember, guys, that CircuitFry has stated that:
CircuitFry wrote:The vision for this album is to have a sound design on the experimental and technique-focused side of composition. The idea is to break your limits and show a new possibility with music. Pioneer a sound nobody has ever thought of, before, and aim to demonstrate proficiency in theory and/or production value however you see fit. You want to stand on the shoulders of giants as best as you can.

It becomes more challenging when we also mention that we are looking for education. If you remember in the year 2012, SGAP and I were able to create a montage of funk and hip hop and ambient music, flowery and sweet, but also delving into the processes of discovery and confirmation.

This album may require you to venture into your mind and process deep thought regarding what you can teach people, whether that lies in evolution, ethics, mathematics, philosophy, the arts, it goes on and on. Be prepared to mingle with lots of artists, because not even a mixing expert is going to have the best answer for your project. That will have to come from you.
(Source: http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/81461 ... -so-purple)

...so keep that in mind before you make House/Dubstep tracks that are more suited to Balloon Party than Academy of Power.
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby ExoBassTix » 16 Apr 2014 05:02

Evdog wrote:Remember, guys, that CircuitFry has stated that:
CircuitFry wrote:The vision for this album is to have a sound design on the experimental and technique-focused side of composition. The idea is to break your limits and show a new possibility with music. Pioneer a sound nobody has ever thought of, before, and aim to demonstrate proficiency in theory and/or production value however you see fit. You want to stand on the shoulders of giants as best as you can.

It becomes more challenging when we also mention that we are looking for education. If you remember in the year 2012, SGAP and I were able to create a montage of funk and hip hop and ambient music, flowery and sweet, but also delving into the processes of discovery and confirmation.

This album may require you to venture into your mind and process deep thought regarding what you can teach people, whether that lies in evolution, ethics, mathematics, philosophy, the arts, it goes on and on. Be prepared to mingle with lots of artists, because not even a mixing expert is going to have the best answer for your project. That will have to come from you.
(Source: http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/81461 ... -so-purple)

...so keep that in mind before you make House/Dubstep tracks that are more suited to Balloon Party than Academy of Power.

Won't be a problem for me :cool:
I got that down.

... Hey I see you see BP and AoP as different things. Now that I think of it that way, I'm gonna agree to that.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Spikey Wikey » 16 Apr 2014 23:09

the ultimate goal for this album's music selection seems to be centered around experimentation and presentation, but I definitely don't think we should discourage any traditional genres - especially if they're really well produced. A well symphonized orchestral piece or a clearly mixed prog house track might be just what the album needs!
Spikey Wikey

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 17 Apr 2014 00:17

Spikey Wikey wrote:the ultimate goal for this album's music selection seems to be centered around experimentation and presentation, but I definitely don't think we should discourage any traditional genres - especially if they're really well produced. A well symphonized orchestral piece or a clearly mixed prog house track might be just what the album needs!

Agreed. Just because you're doing Modern Dubstep (for example), doesn't say it's not possible to make something totally unique/high quality. Just brcause you haven't heard it (like me), doesn't mean it doesn't exist ay?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 17 Apr 2014 11:46

ExoBassTix wrote:
Spikey Wikey wrote:the ultimate goal for this album's music selection seems to be centered around experimentation and presentation, but I definitely don't think we should discourage any traditional genres - especially if they're really well produced. A well symphonized orchestral piece or a clearly mixed prog house track might be just what the album needs!

Agreed. Just because you're doing Modern Dubstep (for example), doesn't say it's not possible to make something totally unique/high quality. Just brcause you haven't heard it (like me), doesn't mean it doesn't exist ay?

Don't forget that collabing can be the perfect way to do something bold, stick to what you know, and make something different by mixing 2 genres that don't normally go together. Dubstep + Orchestral? Guitar + Trance? Go for it. Consider mixing it up through collaboration.
Freewave

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events