Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Mar 2016 09:19

I've had pneumonia for over a week and I didn't even know it.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ph00tbag » 12 Mar 2016 17:38

Bronies Are Cool wrote:So Australia just followed Colorado's footsteps for legalizing medical marijuana.
Australians, how do you feel?

Marijuana is straight up legal in CO, though. You just need to be old enough and able to present ID at the time of purchase.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 Mar 2016 09:00

ph00tbag wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:So Australia just followed Colorado's footsteps for legalizing medical marijuana.
Australians, how do you feel?

Marijuana is straight up legal in CO, though. You just need to be old enough and able to present ID at the time of purchase.

True.
I don't quite remember what the article said, but is it that only medical M is legal for you guys?

Just landed my first public gig. Going to be playing at a Poetry Bookstore and Coffee Shop just down the road from me. This'll be fun, except that I have very little time to learn how to play my songs on a launchpad live. So, maybe I'll learn a few, and then just pretend to play the rest. (Like how DJs can pretend to DJ.)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 14 Mar 2016 21:25

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Kind of.
It's like, I know I don't dislike apples. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they're alright.
Someone gives me an apple. It takes a lot of mental strain to eat it. And I don't even know why.
In my head, I know that really the only thing I am not a fan of about apples is the texture. It tastes fine.
But, that's logical me.
The subconscious me say to not eat it.
I really don't know how to explain that.
It sounds really dumb, and to someone who hasn't experienced this before, it might be hard to try to understand it.
Like for me, it's hard to understand people who have identity issues because I can't relate.
And so, I don't really expect anyone to really understand what I'm trying to say.
Because even to me, I hardly understand it. But I kind of don't. Because I feel like it shouldn't be difficult to eat something other than what I do. Idk.

I can actually relate to this quite a lot. I hard for me to eat an apple normally because I had braces for so long so my brain is going "this is wrong"
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 20 Mar 2016 21:33

so for the last like, 5 years, I have been talking about getting a legit pc.
Well, now I have one.
intel i7 4790K @ 4.00 GHz
32GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
111GB of SSD
4TB HDD
has 7 fans, and a controller for the fans on the front of the machine, so I can turn them up and down manually if I would like to. and lights. I like lights.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 21 Mar 2016 17:16

*whistles*

That's some pretty impressive kit. I would also look around for a proper sound card for music production. Your rig is going to run like a dream for most general purposes (having a SSD for my boot disc, I can attest to how divine it is), and for gaming, especially, and it won't necessarily be bad for music, but a sound card can dedicate a lot more CPU power to your DAW, and if you want to hook up a lot of external devices, a better sound card will manage them more efficiently. A better sound card will also make for slightly better fidelity in rendering.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Mar 2016 20:39

ph00tbag wrote:*whistles*

That's some pretty impressive kit. I would also look around for a proper sound card for music production. Your rig is going to run like a dream for most general purposes (having a SSD for my boot disc, I can attest to how divine it is), and for gaming, especially, and it won't necessarily be bad for music, but a sound card can dedicate a lot more CPU power to your DAW, and if you want to hook up a lot of external devices, a better sound card will manage them more efficiently. A better sound card will also make for slightly better fidelity in rendering.

right. This is something I intend on getting, just not right now. I just spend a decent amount of money on this rig. And this was prebuilt from my friend, so I'll have to add on later.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 22 Mar 2016 05:32

I always make the comment that I wish I had the money to build a gaming rig... then i remember I don't really game that much and I've put more than the cost of a gaming rig into my guitar rig. Also the fact of I'd rather have a Mac Pro for audio and video editing stuffs
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 22 Mar 2016 10:34

Acsii wrote:I always make the comment that I wish I had the money to build a gaming rig... then i remember I don't really game that much and I've put more than the cost of a gaming rig into my guitar rig. Also the fact of I'd rather have a Mac Pro for audio and video editing stuffs

I had a similar thought process in wanting a gaming rig and needing money.
I've been saying I'm going to get a rig and saving money for 5 years.
I'm 20. That's 25% of my life I've been saving and planning.
I could have gotten it sooner, but I'm glad I waited.
I don't game as much now as I used to, but I'm glad that I'm capable of gaming when I want.
My machine is playing Battlefield 4 on ultra settings at over 80 fps. Which is above my screens refresh rate.
Black ops 2 plays at over 400 frames per second. I might be able to get a good rate at 4K with that game.
Bio shock infinite is running like a charm.
I'm very satisfied with my machine right now.
My next step is to download Game maker and get back to making some dank games.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 Mar 2016 09:45

Happy Easter. And if you don't celebrate Easter, ignore this message I suppose.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Mar 2016 09:17

I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel where I talk and just kind of review stuff or something and kind of be a jerk on purpose. State my opinion about things and exaggerate my opinion for the drama / entertainment.
My inspiration would be the channel "I hate everything". I enjoy his sense of humor.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 Mar 2016 14:20

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel where I talk and just kind of review stuff or something and kind of be a jerk on purpose. State my opinion about things and exaggerate my opinion for the drama / entertainment.
My inspiration would be the channel "I hate everything". I enjoy his sense of humor.

I generally stay away from those things. I believe that the world has enough hate already, and I'd rather not encourage more by giving it attention.

In different news, just to get it out there, I've been falling and growing a lot, as far as me personally is concerned. Music too though. I have been rather absent here because of trying to be more time efficient, and forgetting about some stuff really. I generally don't have a lot of room to give to hanging on forums.

Recently college has been big on my head. Today I had my 'entrance exam', the talk with the entrance committee. Final stage of the whole entrance procedure. I'm having high hopes for getting allowed in the main course, even though I seem to have chosen the wrong curriculum due to having a wrong image of what it was about. Hopefully gonna be able to fix that.

So now until after summer break, I only got college (another one, that I'm finishing this year) one day in a week. Plus daycare two days a week. So things are gonna be a bit more relaxed for me this time around, even though I won't have any time to sit around and do jack. I still gotta do a lot of work for that other college. At the beginning of this school year, I received a package with about 18 multitracks of songs in various genres (singer-songwriter, Rock, Funk, Gospel, Metal, and even one semi-House track I guess) recorded at that college, of which I need to have six completely mixed by the end of the school year. Plus I also gotta write song lyrics on an existing (unreleased) track on a pre-defined melody for the end of the school year. And right now, the only thing standing in my way of accomplishing that, is my head.

Cuz I have been allowing myself to get distracted too easily. Thankfully I'm still working on this every day, and I've yet to see if I found a good way to counter my auto-excuses for distraction this time. In the meantime, when I'm not doing stuff for college, I'm heavily improving on my production skills. Seriously, I'm beyond excited with how much I've grown since joining this forum :D I've gotten so much better at sound design and manipulation, and creating a seamless aural image with combinations of sounds. I'm also slowly starting to get the hang of managing inactivity on tracks of mine, though it's curently still going tediously slow. For now, though, it's fine, as I can work on other music in the meantime. I've actually finished quite some new things recently (or gotten close to some), though I've yet to release most of them due to album projects, etc, you know the drill (probably?).

So that's me in a nutshell last time around! How have you guys been? I haven't been talking to a lot of you for a while, so it'd be great to play catch-up.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Ricky Denzel » 05 Apr 2016 11:06

I'm actually back. For real this time lol
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Acsii » 06 Apr 2016 06:58

So I'm doing sound and some video stuff for a gig tomorrow, and randomly I get to meet axis of awesome because of it
Acsii

Postby Ricky Denzel » 08 Apr 2016 12:25

Acsii wrote:So I'm doing sound and some video stuff for a gig tomorrow, and randomly I get to meet axis of awesome because of it

How did it go?
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Apr 2016 00:01

So at my first gig, nobody showed up. That's a fun experience. I actually thought it was really funny.
I ended up cleaning up the venue with a bunch of people and earned a free drink, and $10.
There was one person who didn't come for my gig, but was just there because of whatever and I guess she was a recruiter or something. And she got my contact information after hearing a couple songs.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 10 Apr 2016 06:30

Bronies Are Cool wrote:So at my first gig, nobody showed up. That's a fun experience. I actually thought it was really funny.
I ended up cleaning up the venue with a bunch of people and earned a free drink, and $10.
There was one person who didn't come for my gig, but was just there because of whatever and I guess she was a recruiter or something. And she got my contact information after hearing a couple songs.

get used to stuff like this. That's why I recommend doing gigs with plenty of different people so people come for other people and stuff.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 10 Apr 2016 06:33

Ricky Denzel wrote:
Acsii wrote:So I'm doing sound and some video stuff for a gig tomorrow, and randomly I get to meet axis of awesome because of it

How did it go?

I ended up getting shoved off to run the Front of House on a mixer that I've never used other than to test monitors at my local audio store, and that was an older version of the desk so the firmware is different. Other than the bands changing vocal mics after the soundcheck and the vocalist of one band point the mic at a holdback by accident it went smoothly.
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 Apr 2016 12:25

As an IT guy, I get told, "hey. The Internet is slow. "
"Ok. Let me pull out my magic fingers to make the company give us faster internet."

I really don't think people understand that this is not exactly something I can fix.
Printer not printing? I can fix that.
Conputer not booting? I can fix that.
Internet is slow? Not my department.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ph00tbag » 17 Apr 2016 09:42

"Internet is slow? Kill your coworkers so they stop flooding the network!"
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Acsii » 28 Apr 2016 22:27

ph00tbag wrote:"Internet is slow? Kill your coworkers so they stop flooding the network!"

well it's the only way... right?
Acsii

Postby ph00tbag » 29 Apr 2016 17:30

Acsii wrote:
ph00tbag wrote:"Internet is slow? Kill your coworkers so they stop flooding the network!"

well it's the only way... right?

I mean, you'd also have to make sure you logged them off the network.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2016 18:41

so The Legend of Spiro: Dawn of the Dragon is a rare video game. Weird because spiro was kind of a big name back in the day.
I have seen some of these games sell for $60 which is impressive considering it came out in 2008, and they are used. (Thats the price for most new games now.)
So, I am buying a bunch of copies of this game and am starting a collection so that one day when they double or triple their value, I'll sell them for a nice price.
I hope my investment aint a bad investment. Hoping to get at least 150% out of it, but not going to put a whole lot into it.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 03 May 2016 12:15

That sounds pretty risky. Especially since they are pretty expensive even now. And either way, you'd have to wait a REALY long time to see a good increase in price. The only real scenario I could see giving you a significant return on that is if they the series gets a good reboot to spark new intrest.
The other way to go would be waiting for many years... which you said you where gonna do... It could work I guess.

I really don't know, but I'd do some research on retro game prices over time befor doing that... But good luck.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 May 2016 09:47

The most satisfying thought about Celestia and Luna, to me, is the comparison with chess. White always starts.

And in a way, that's a perfectly fine representation. It's in no way supposed to be coloring, as, after all, black and white aren't colors. And, in a way, you can take solace in the fact that most people say "black and white" instead of "white and black", if you feel so inclined. Of course I only say this because I've been there.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion